The more effort you make to promote your gig, the more fun your night will be, and the more funds you’ll raise for Youth Music.
Here are a few ideas to help you spread the word.
- Sign up for Give a Gig on the Youth Music website and create your event.
- Make a poster using our poster generator or design your own. Give some to your venue to put up in advance.
- Send your friends, family and colleagues a Save the Date message to make sure they can come along.
- Use your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat and other channels to build momentum for your gig, raise awareness, and get people excited.
- Selling tickets in advance means you can get a sense of how many people are coming along. You could price them at a cheaper rate than on the night to encourage people to buy now.
- Make sure you give the performers all the details about your Give a Gig event to pass on to fans through their social media and mailing lists. Often venues will distribute listings to local press, so keep them up-to-date with all the information about your line-up.
- The more you talk about your gig the more likely it is people will hear about it. Ask everyone involved in your gig to share with friends, family and fans too.